Friday, May 14, 2010
Ghost Tour
Upon leaving Monticello, which is located in Charlottesville, VA, we loaded the coach and started our 3 1/2 hour journey to Williamsburg, VA. When we arrived, we checked into our hotel, ate dinner, and then embarked on a 2 hour ghost tour of Colonial Williamsburg. I could definitely envision myself living in this type of town square. Very quaint. Dainty yards with gardens and white picket fences. Even though it is a historical site, people do live in the homes that are there. I found that quite interesting. They have tour groups going through their yards daily. I don't know that I'd like that very much. This was just one of the many homes that we saw from the street while on our walking tour.

This was our tour guide. Doesn't she look sweet....NOT! She didn't let the kids ask many questions, she yelled at them if they whispered to each other...not exactly a pleasant person. We had her for the ghost tour that evening and then for the entire next day's tour. By the end of it, we (kids and parents) were tired of her presence. She even had the audacity to grab Cole's arm and tell him to pay attention while she was talking. Now, she had the kids sitting on the ground at the time and Cole was drawing lines in the dirt with a stick, but I assure he was catching everything she said. He's just that kind of kid. In fact, his 4th grade teacher from last year was in our tour group and she said the same thing. She said, if she only knew the type of kid he was, she would have no problem with him doing what he was doing. I was a little peaved, to say the least, but not liking confrontation, I held my tongue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have great recall, I'm impressed! I'm not sure I would have been able to hold my tongue if she grabbed one of my boys' arms, though.
ReplyDelete