Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Proud Honors

Cole was selected to be in the Academic Honors Club at school this year. In order to be selected, he had to have maintained a 94.5% or higher grade throughout his fourth grade year. He held a 99% all year. This club meets once a month after school and I'm still not sure what they do, but he seems to enjoy it anyway. So proud of him. He's also a member of the chess club which meets twice a month after school and the Hands In Service club which meets once a month after school. Right now the HIS club is collecting blankets to distribute to local nursing homes for the holidays. This one is going to be our overachiever, I think. His fifth grade teacher called him a natural born student. I have to agree. I just wish school would have come as easy for me as it does for him. He seems to really enjoy it and I have yet to see him study for his grades. Way to go Cole!!! Mom and Dad are so proud of your accomplishments. You are a wonderful kid and will someday be a superb young man...just don't rush there.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful, he's such a smart guy! Tell him we're proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie! It's so wonderful to see your blog! I will enjoy checking in often, old friend. Not that we are OLD but we go wayyy back :)

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete