Monday, November 2, 2009

Victory!!!!!

I have many posts to update, but I'll only add one or two a day so as not to overwhelm or bore anyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween with the kiddos. I will post pictures of our kids on Halloween later. But for now, I have a victory to report. Ella is officially potty trained! I am ecstatic over this hurdle. It took me close to a year to potty train both Cole and Kelsey. They were both 3 when they finally perfected it. Ella, on the other hand, has been at it for the past 2 months and has worked diligently with me to accomplish her goal. Did I mention she's 29 months old? That's not even quite 2 1/2 yet. Wow!!! She has remained accident free for more than 2 weeks and I finally took her to the store last Friday to pick out her new panties. She was so excited. In addition to this accomplishment, she's also in a big bed now. Bedtime has become a bit of a challenge since she shares a room with her sister and wants to play dress-up with the clothes in her dresser after I've left the room for the night. She also likes to take all of her clothes off and fall asleep naked. This will pass, I know. But for now, we are reveling in the fact that we are DONE with diapers and pull-ups. Now, we do still keep a potty seat and roll of toilet paper in the van for her to use when at the ball field so we don't have to go to the nasty public restrooms, but she's even staying dry through her naps and through the night as well. There must be something special about this child...or maybe I've just finally perfected the training process. Who knows...I'm just thrilled!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! It is such a huge success and a real money saver! Congratulations -- to you and Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you. That is a great accomplishment. Potty training stinks.

    ReplyDelete