Thursday, January 29, 2009

We're on our way...

Yesterday was a hard day. I knew Ella would have a tough time without her "nonna," I just didn't know how hard. After two failed attempts at a nap and a total of 2 1/2 hours of crying during those times and requesting her Nonna, I finally let her come downstairs to play. If she was playing she was pretty much okay. Unfortunately, she crashed at 3:45pm and I had to wake her up an hour later so that I could take the other two to Jason's office so they could get off to church.

All was well. Ella and I returned home at 6:00pm. I fed her dinner and she nearly fell asleep in the high chair, so I really thought bedtime would come much easier. How naive I am. I quickly rushed her upstairs and through her bath so that I could take advantage of her sleepiness. However, once her head hit the mattress the requests and crying began again. It was only 6:30pm by this time and I new I was in for it. After much rocking, laying her down, singing, reassuring her and repeating all these things at least once, I commenced to giving her my pillow in her crib (I know, a big no no). It worked, though. Within 10 minutes of having that pillow she was out like a light. Mind you, it was 8:00pm by then. Jason took the pillow away after she had been asleep about an hour and continued to sleep until 5:30 this morning. That's about normal for her. I have early risers, and I'm not a morning person. Go figure!

Today was preschool day. It started like any other, only this time she didn't say Nonna as soon as she woke up. She always reminds me to get it before we head downstairs for breakfast. I'm telling you, she was attached like no other. We had to leave extra early today because Cole had an orthodontic appointment. She only requested her Nonna a couple of times in the car and only cried for it once. I dropped her off at school and she did great. Then I picked her up, brought her home and laid her down for her regularly scheduled nap. I've not changed anything about her routine. She didn't request her Nonna, but she played and cried intermittently for an hour before falling asleep. As exhausting as these two days have been, I think we're already making great progress. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, but I don't want to jinx myself either.

She's rather fond of her silkies (loveys) right now. I think she's afraid they're next to go. I wouldn't do that to her. I've got to go rest up now before the other two get home from school. I've got about a good 45 minute nap waiting for me. Tata!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness! I know how you feel. This is such a tough phase to get through. You will make it. You are doing the right thing. Nathan could have cared less about his pacifier and was done at 6 months! Ryan on the other hand.... he'd still have it if I hadn't weaned him from it! :) I feel for ya! This too shall pass!

    - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's so smart you started her early, I wasn't so brave. Ella's such a good girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a deal on super nannny about this. She had the little girl take all of the pacifiers and put them in sack and go out hang it on tree for the pacifier fairy to take away to babies who don't have any..and then they fairy left her a reward.

    Good luck,
    Brooke Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, poor baby and momma. I'm glad that progress is being made and hopefully all will be forgotten soon. Here's hoping tonight went better and even better in days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all is well. I hope you had a great nap and soon enough Ella will be alright. I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete