Friday, September 11, 2009

Boosterthon

Kelsey's school recently participated in their annual Boosterthon Fun Run. She raised $122 and ran so hard. It was 80 degrees outside but felt like 90. There was not a cloud in the sky and very mild breeze every now and then. What a trooper. She never gave up and kept a smile on her face the entire time. The school she attends is a K-2, so they did the run by grades. Her grade started at 9:00am. In this first picture, all the classes are lined up, and getting ready to run. The lady with the white brim hat is her teacher, Ms. Redding. She's a very fair-skinned red head. It doesn't take much to burn in the South.
The first lap they did was the pace lap and they just walked. This picture is of her first running lap. Each lap is 1/16th of a mile. She ran 34 laps. Amazing! They cap them at 35, so I think she did pretty great!
Hot and tired.
Finished!
Each time they made a lap, a teacher marked it off their back.
They were treated to popsicles afterwards.

3 comments:

  1. We had the boosterthon up here yesterday. Small world. I also laughed out loud on all your activities. I have been there so many times. This year we took of soccer season. It has helped but we still have church and scouts. I guess this is our lives right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again. If I had your email I would use it. I just wanted to let you know that I am not going into business. Never been paid for my pictures. It is just a hobby. I have dreams of being good enough to get paid but for now I settle for the pure joy. I would love to do your family for you sometime! Seriously, that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Kelsey! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete