Almond Glazed Sugar Cookies
Cookie:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp almond extract
4-5 tsp water
Sliced almonds
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine first three cookie ingredients in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1-2 minutes). Reduce speed to low; add all remaining cookie ingredients. Beat until well mixed.
Roll dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten balls to 1/4" thickness with bottom of buttered glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
Stir together all glaze ingredients except almonds with wire whisk in small bowl. Decorate cooled cookies with glaze and sliced almonds. Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I have. If it weren't for the cookie swap, I'd probably gobble these up all by myself. I'm glad for the cookie swap:)
Hi! Thanks for the message! He must have gotten the Overfield teeth for sure. Do you have an email I send our address to? Just let me know :) Jonathan says hello back!
ReplyDeleteHi Jeannie. Welcome to the bloggy world. I'm so excited to see you blogging b/c now I'll see lots more pics of your gorgeous kiddos. Ella is a real cutie.
ReplyDeleteThank you for that kind complement. Congratulations on becoming an aunt. That's very exciting. We received your Christmas card yesterday. Linus is so cute decorating the tree. Love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteHey Jeanne. I have been so busy but I did stop by a while ago and enjoyed all your cute posts. I love your tree and how nice for the kids to enjoy doing it themselves. I am going to try this recipe. It sounds so good! I really hope you had a great Christmas!
ReplyDelete