Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Decorating the Tree

Well, we finally manged to get our Christmas tree up. Usually we do this the week following Thanksgiving, but this year we procrastinated a little. In the past few years, we've put up 2 trees. One in the living room and one in the dining room. The one in the living room contained all of the old ornaments, as well as the handmade ornaments from our children and relatives. The tree in the dining room held the glass pastel ornaments with silver ribbon draped over the tree. However, since we have a 1 1/2 year old running through the house, now, we only have one tree up in the dining room and it is protected by baby gates.

I must confess that I don't enjoy decorating the Christmas tree. I know it should be an exciting and memorable experience, but for some reason I just dread doing this. I either want to do it all myself (control-freak!!!), or sit back and watch someone else do it for me. This year, I got to do the latter. We let the kids decorate the tree with a combination of ornaments and the only help we gave them was for the ones they wanted to place up high and, of course, help for Ella to put her ornaments on. The tree isn't magnificent by any means, but all the more beautiful because my kids did it by themselves.




3 comments:

  1. Where in the world would you have gotten the 'control freak' attribute?
    I'm sure the tree looks wonderful.
    Will probably see you Christmas evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I don't know? Oh, wait...I know, from my "control freak" MOTHER!!! I love you so much. I do hope we get to see you for Christmas. We have our Christmas Eve service at 5:00pm, so we probably won't make it back home until 6:30 or 7:00pm. Do you still have a house key?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONTROL FREAKS!! Or OCD!! Oh, wait, that's me too! Ha-ha-ha! This year I didn't help with our tree, either - Kolton pretty much did it by himself. I think Kaden contributed a little, and Morgan helps by rearranging the ornaments (uh-oh, control-freak in the making)!!! It doesn't matter who decorates it, it is beautiful. Tell the kids I think they did a FANTASTIC job!

    ReplyDelete