Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Daisy Christmas Party


Last night was Kelsey's Daisy Christmas Party. For those of you who don't know, Daisies are the beginning level of girl scouts. This is Kelsey's first year and if she continues, she will be a daisy next year, also, followed by brownies. The girls started their evening by eating dinner that was provided by all the moms. Following dinner, they made bead necklaces using the color of beads to match the daisy petals that they are working towards. Once they finished their craft, they had a gift exchange. Each parent was to provide a $5 gift. The girls each drew a number and picked out a gift in the order in which they drew. Kelsey was #14. There were a total of 15 girls and siblings there, so she was a little bummed about being so near to the end, but was pleased with her gift. I didn't get any pictures of them crafting, but here are some of the gift exchange.

I should mention that I had my other two with me as well. Cole loves crafts and was not about to be left out of the necklace making. I should have taken pictures. He compensated it with the fact that he made a necklace out of Auburn colors (blue/orange). However, he had put the necklace on and then was having trouble taking it off. I started laughing at him and saying that he would regret having made a necklace at a little girls party because it looked like he was going to be wearing it to school the next day. He got a little upset with me (in a fun way) and proved me wrong. As he was struggling to get the necklace off, it broke and beads went flying all over the room. All the moms were laughing, and one said "I told you they were the wrong colors." She was obviously an Alabama fan. It certainly made for an enjoyable evening. I have to mention that Cole was the only boy there, with the exception of two dads. They were not making necklaces!

2 comments:

  1. That is HILARIOUS!!! I think my boys would have SHOT me if I even suggested they go with me to a girl's party - they'd be the ones in the corner with their DS's and not taking part in crafts. My little crafters have grown up and left me with only memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He actually begged me to take him with us. What gives??!! I just think he doesn't want to be left out of anything.

    ReplyDelete