Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I hope this is the saddest post I'll ever have to do. This past Sunday afternoon, we said goodbye to our beloved 5 1/2-yo Golden Retriever, Sammy. We loved him so much, but due to his aggressive tendencies towards people unknown to him, as well as other animals, we had to let him go. He was a great family pet...very protective and loving towards our kids and us. We were so blessed to have been able to take him on vacation with us...the first time we've ever done that. We love you, Sammy, and we'll miss forever.


I'm sure you can tell by the red, swollen eyes, that our kids were saying goodbye to Sam.
They had a hard time smiling for the camera, but tried their best.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for you lose. And I admire your courage. Fun to chat with you. Wish we were closer. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so sad. I remember when you got Sammy. Praying the kids will adjust quickly. They will have fond memories of Sammy, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete