Monday, February 16, 2009

We've accomplished our goal!!!!

Okay, I said I'd update after beginning the removal of the pacifier, but I forgot. Things have been crazy with illness and what-not. It took about 6 days to get Ella successfully off the pacifier. We went cold-turkey, which means I took all the pacifiers away at once and then it took about 5-6 days after that for her to quit crying and requesting her "nonna". Since then, she has looked for ways to accommodate her lost security. She now has a thin pillow permanently placed in her crib for her comfort, and we are now having to rock her and sing her lullibies before every nap and bedtime now, but I would much rather be doing this than going through all this when she is 2 or 3. So, thank you to those of you who prayed us through this difficult, but timely transition. It was an exhausting but worthwhile adventure and one I'm glad we did now. Now, we're on to potty training. As if I didn't already have enough on my plate. We'll see how this goes. It's potty-training or a streaking toddler. You take your pick. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking the idea of a streaking toddler, as long as there's no "trails" left around the house!! Hahahaha! I have tons of pull-ups, if you're interested. I'm so glad the nonna's passing was so smooth for you, it is harder the older they are.

    ReplyDelete