Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getaway

Jason and I left the kids with mom and dad and flew out early Monday morning, July 5th. We flew to Anaheim, CA. Cole, having never flown, begged me to take pictures from the air, so the first picture is just that. This is a picture of the Rocky Mountains.
We spent our first day at Disneyland, California Adventure, & Downtown Disney. It was fun being able to do whatever we wanted w/o having to entertain kids, but at the same time we missed them having fun there, too. I have to say I wasn't as impressed with Disneyland as I thought I would be. I guess when you've been to Disneyworld, everything else pales in comparison. However, our kids don't know we went there, so we weren't able to take any pictures of our adventure time there. Day #2 was spent driving down the Pacific Coastal Highway. We beach-hopped in the balmy 60-degree, overcast and breezy conditions. There again, the beaches were beautiful but I still favor the sugar white beaches of Alabama and Florida. This picture was taken at Laguna Beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment