Saturday, July 17, 2010

The 4th continued...

The kids were getting a little restless at mom and dad's so Jason and I decided to take them to the park that we grew up going to. We intended to stay for the fireworks show that they have every year but it got rained out. This is an old locomotive that I remember climbing on as a kid. My kids sure did enjoy it. I'm a little worried bout it's safety nowadays. The inside floor has rusted so much that I'm afraid it may give way to some unsuspecting children someday soon.


Monkey Island from Cole's viewpoint.
It's blurry, but if you click on the picture you will see at least one little monkey on the landing above the stairs.
The wonderful Merry-Go-Round.

Let me just say that I don't remember the carousel being as fast as it was. I was afraid of losing my balance.
The girls sound asleep after a long tiring day. I think we wore them out.

3 comments:

  1. These are great pictures! So glad the kids got to go to the park and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/7/10 14:01

    Jeannie, you probably enjoyed the good ole' Riverside Park as much if not more than the kids. I think it's funny you (as a mom) were worried about the floor of the train! I bet your kids thought it was great! Wish I could Linus to enjoy it sometime. Too bad the fire works got rained out. Aunt Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful photos. I had such a great time while the kids were here.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete