Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jack-o-lanterns

Yes, I know it's a week until Christmas. And, yes, I know that I'm way behind on blogging, but in the effort to continue to catch up please enjoy these few snapshots.

The day before Halloween, we finally decided to get our pumpkins. Bad move on our part. We made two trips to two different grocery stores and both stores each had only 1 pumpkin left. We took them both. Usually we make an annual trip to the pumpkin patch and let the kids have a hayday wandering through the fields to pick the perfect one. This year we were just so busy with sports and other activities that it got pushed to the wayside. Live and learn. Here's Kelsey cleaning the guts out of her pumpkin and loving every minute of it.
Cole...not so keen on the cleaning idea. We had to basically force him to clean out his own pumpkin.
Kelsey's finished product.
Cole's pumpkin. Don't you think he's got great character? We sure did. Of course, Jason kept calling it Sloth (from Goonies). It is a little lopsided in the face, but so cute, I think.

1 comment:

  1. We love Sloth and I think that's a perfect name for this perfect pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete