Saturday, June 20, 2009

Alabama Adventure

Ella's birthday fell on a Sunday this year. So, instead of trying to fit in the amusement park on Sunday after church, we decided to make a day of it on Saturday. Ella was not fond of any of the rides, but it was still fun trying to introduce her to them. I took her to the kiddie rides while Jason took the older two on the ferris wheel (my least favorite ride of all). Here she is, not too sure of this train that she's about to ride. Of course, I rode right beside her the entire time.


This was a hot air balloon ride that was very similar to the ferris wheel, just not quite as high. Ella was terrifed of this one, so I think she shares my fear of heights.
Jason and the kids made it back over to where Ella and I were and we all rode the jeeps together.
My beautiful Kelsey.
Jason took Cole and Kelsey on the Music Fest. At least that's what we called it when I was a teenager. I'm not sure what the name of it is now.
They loved it so much that they begged me to go on it with them next.

It was so hot outside, that we decided to go on a water ride. First, we went as a family on the River Gorge and Ella was terrifed once again. She doesn't like getting wet unless it's on her terms. So, after we got off that ride, the kids and I headed for the log flume while Jason and Ella sat in the shade. Believe it or not, Kelsey didn't like this ride. She said she thought she was going to fall out of the log when it came down the hill. Bless her heart. I loved it! It really cooled me off.


After this ride, we headed over to Splash Beach and let the kids swim, enjoyed the lazy river and Jason, Cole & Kelsey even took in some water slides. It was a long hot day, but was well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! As lightweight as Kelsey is she probably came up off the seat and it DID feel like she was going to leave the log ride. Ella looks like a little movie star. Cole, how'd you like that Music Fest?

    ReplyDelete