Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our Spelling Bee Winner

In third grade, Cole won his class spelling bee and moved on to the school-wide spelling bee. He lost in the third round with the word "bureaucracy". At the time, I couldn't even spell that word and I feel pretty confident in my spelling abilities. Anyway, his love for the spelling bee grew.



Once again, in fourth grade he won his class bee and came in as runner up in the school bee. This year, he was bound and determined to win...and win he did. We are so proud of his hard work and determination to aspire to greater things.



In the picture below from left to right are: Dr. Williams (his principal), Austin in 2nd place, Cole in 1st place and Brandon (Cole's best friend) in third. Cole said the night before the competition that he hoped it came down to him and Brandon because then he wouldn't care who one. It almost did and I thought that was such a sweet thing for him to say. We found out the day of the bee that Brandon prayed for Cole the night before to win or to place high in the competition. That is true friendship right there. These are some great kids.

They all three won trophies and free meals from Texas Roadhouse. All of the competitors also received medals because they are all winners for having made it this far. There were 33 contestants.

I tried to load video of the end of the bee, but it wouldn't work. I'll keep trying.


3 comments:

  1. Jeannie that is so excitng!! I am a terrible speller. But I love his determnation and what a sweet story about friendship. Oh it makes me smile. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, congrats! That is awesome!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/3/10 05:30

    Thanks is Great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete